Where do I start teaching the Bible?
Telling Them a Biblical Story. Choose an easy or simpler story from the Bible to tell them. Adam and Eve, Noah and the Ark, Zacchaeus and the sycamore tree, Jonah and the great fish, or Jesus calming the storm are great places to start.
What is the best way to start studying the Bible?
How to Start Studying the Bible: 7 Helpful Guidelines
- Make the Goal of Bible Study to Encounter the Person of Jesus Christ. …
- Approach the Scriptures as a Dialogue With God. …
- Develop an Attitude of Thanksgiving. …
- Think About Ways You Can Apply the Word. …
- Develop a Teachable Spirit.
What is the most effective way to read the Bible?
Simply use the “chunk it up” method. Rather than setting out to read passage after passage simply for the sake of reading the Bible front to back, try reading it in very small bits and pieces. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to lead you and then choose a single verse or two. Read it, then read it again.
How do I start my kids Bible study?
Simple Family Bible Study Method
- STEP 1: Prepare Your Heart – put away distractions and pray, “God show us something new today.”
- STEP 2: Learn from the Word – choose a Bible verse.
- STEP 3: Ask Questions – discuss the verse together as a family.
- STEP 4: Name the Truth – discover the truth God wants you to take away.
How do I learn how do you study the Bible?
11 Bible Study Methods (With Examples & Tips)
- THE SWORD METHOD OF BIBLE STUDY.
- CHARACTER STUDY.
- WRITE OUT VERSES FROM THE BIBLE.
- STUDY A BOOK OF THE BIBLE.
- READ THROUGH THE BIBLE.
- TOPICAL/THEMATIC BIBLE STUDY.
- PRACTICAL STUDY.
- MEMORIZE SCRIPTURE.
Should I read the Bible in order?
Most people should not read the Bible in order. It is better to start with the books that give an effective overview of the main message of the Bible. This works best for most people because the books of the Bible are not all arranged in the actual order of events.
What should I pray before reading the Bible?
Lord, as I read Your word, please help me to know, love, and understand You better. to apply Your Word to my life.
Should you read the Old or New Testament first?
It is Good to start with New Testament and then go on to Old Testament. You can start the New Testament with KJV or NASB. You can use Living Bible for Old Testament to know the subject, and it’s easy to understand . If you want the whole Bible to read through, in an orderly manner in the course of a year.
Why is it so hard to read the Bible?
One of the reasons the Bible is hard to read is because of the historical, language, and cultural gap between when it was written and your life today. On a side note, it’s amazing how long ago the Bible was written and it is still changing people’s lives all over the world!